In this article, we will be answering the question “how long does a projector bulb last” and also in what conditions prolong it’s life and what conditions shorten the lifespan of a projector lamp.
In addition, we will also be looking at small tips that you could try to help prolong and maintain the health of your projector lamp.
What should you expect as to how long a projector lamp will last?
As a consumer and a user of projector lamps it is important to understand that most projector lamps, will not reach it’s expected life or hours as mentioned by it’s makers, but those hours should give you an indication as to what to expect of a projector in terms of hours.
Generally, projector lamps will last from 1500 to 2000 hours, if you are lucky and also take great care of your projectors, you could do slightly more.
At 3 hrs a day, your projector lamp can last between two to three years.
At around 500-600 hours, you will start to notice how your projector starts to dim, it will dim over time until it blows out.
That’s a good expectation on how long your projector lamp will last and also answers your question of “how long does a projector bulb last?”
They also say that every time you fire up a lamp, you do one hour of the lamp life, so if you constantly turning your projector on and off, you are going to blow your lamp quicker than normal.
So try and not turn your projector “on” and “off” in short intervals and also, get used to use your projector in “Eco mode” as it will burnout your bulb slower.
Ways to Prolong your projector lamp life
- [wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-3″ wrap=”i”] Wait for projector to cool down before turning it back on.
- [wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-3″ wrap=”i”] Always keep the vents clear, good air circulation is important to projector lamps and all electronics in general.
- [wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-3″ wrap=”i”] Use projector in “eco mode” whenever possible.
- [wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-3″ wrap=”i”] Avoid vibrations when the projector is running, vibrations are projector lamps enemy.
- [wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-3″ wrap=”i”] Avoid high altitude
- [wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-3″ wrap=”i”] Place your projector in a cool place.
So how long does a projector lamp last? Most consumer grade projectors will do 1500 to 2000 hours on a single projector lamp, if lucky, certain projector lamps, especially high grade ones, will do 4000 to 5000.
Projector lamps are also very expensive, so to prolong it, always make sure that it is used in cool places, avoid vibrations and also avoid turning the projector on and off in short periods of time.